Saturday, May 28, 2005

Secret Pal 5

I have signed up Secret Pal 5. I joined SP2 and SP4 in the past and LOVE it so much! I can't wait to get know my newest SP as well as am curious who is my SP.

Here is the information for my SP5....
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm really yarn snob. I prefer natural fibers and nicer yarn such as Noro, Lamb's Pride, Koigu, Colinette, Manos del Uruguay, Debbie Bliss, etc. I'm not too crazy about Red Heart or Lion Brand although I made few scarves.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No, I got low spindle and fiber and haven't learn how to spin yet. I learned how to crochet when I was little.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke (especially really not liking the way it smells, at all), pollen and ragweed.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I knitted when I was little but stopped till last year, I became addicted to knitting after my friend showed me Sally Melville's books.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, I do but I don't know how to post it in my blog. (Help!!)

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
French vanilla and lemon candles and any scents for bath products - especially any stress-free products!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Not really but I do love licorice and jelly beans. I'm not crazy about chocolate.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Quilting, cross-stitching, sewing, painting and making primitive dolls

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I don't listen any music because I'm profoundly deaf.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Green is my FAVORITE color along with maroons or wine.... I like dark colors - brown, black and blue. I don't like any pastel colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married to my wonderful DH for almost 16 years. No children or pets

12. What are your life dreams?
To build beautiful log cabin in front of the lake in somewhere in the country and make living with crafts.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Debbie Bliss yarns, Noro yarns, any alpaca yarns

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
100 % arcylic yarns

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
sweater, top and socks

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
felted bags and sweaters

17. What are you knitting right now?
Soleil summer top

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I love ponchos!! I made one for myself and plan to make more

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I prefer circular needles more than straight needles.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like Addi Turbos circular needles (either aluminum or wooden ones)

21. Are you a sock knitter?
I just finished knitting my first sock few months ago and have not start second sock yet.

22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was little girl. Mostly I taught myself by reading a lot of knitting books and magazines.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
For my poor DH's cardigan - one year old!!

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Nemo (from the movie "Finding Nemo") He is my inspired one as I'm much related to Nemo. I'm hearing impaired and still fighting that I can do anything but hear.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween and Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect Santas, pins and primitive dolls. Yarns, of course!!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Creative Knitting, Interweave Knits, Knitter's Magazine and Vogue Knitting

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Am trying to figure out how to post my Wish List button

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan, Saw you comment on the SP5 site - wanting to make sure you got registered! Email me @ sp5_host@yahoo.com ! Hurry - I'm shutting the gates today!!

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - loving that Morehouse Merino! Where did you get it? Gorgeous colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[