Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy 2005!!!

Hi... Can't believe the year of 2004 went very fast! Hope 2005 bring us a lot of happiness and good health.

We got back from Florida last Thursday night. I HATE US Airways!!! I would never never never go there again... (how dangerous for me to say this!) We were supposed to fly at 7:30 p.m. from Reagan National Airport on Dec. 23rd but the plane was delayed for hours and hours!! The captain and his flight attendants were stuck in Philalephia due to bad snowstorm. We waited and waited and waited. The Poor DH... he was so restless and I was not complaining at all because I knitted all night. I made the flower washcloth (Weekend Knitting by Melaine Falick that I got from my Secret Pal 2 - Jackie) The captain and his flight attendants finally arrived little bit before 1 a.m. and finally allowed us to get in the plane at 1 a.m. I was so exhausted and fell asleep right away. I woke up an hour later and discovered that the plane didn't move at all. I was so FURIOUS!!!! You know how frustrating I was especially I can not hear or understand the announcement. I called the flight attendant to tell me what was the reason for holding up. She told me that the captain needs to get clearance and air approval from FAA. What a bogus!!! The plane finally took off little after 2 a.m. and landed on Orlando at 4:15 a.m. Poor my brother-in-law, mother-in-law and nephew waited up in the airport since 7 p.m. We had to wait for our luggages to arrive for another 20 minutes. Took us one hour and half to get my brother-in-law's house. We finally arrived there at 6:15 a.m. I was not in my best mood but went to bed real FAST!!!!!!! I didn't want to look around the new house as my mind was in BED!!!!

I woke up at 11 a.m. and drank great coffee. I finally looked around the house. The house is soooooo adorable perfect for my brother-in-law and his wife. Three bedrooms, two full bathrooms and high ceilings rooms. They have indoor pool - of course the heated one for the winter!!!! They put up 12 feet Christmas tree. It was so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I felt sooooo Christmas spirits there, especially with the whole family there!!!

It was very interesting week for me to spend with my DH's family. We finally meet our newest half brother, Sean who is 5 years old. My father-in-law and Sean live in Portland, Oregon. We have not seen our dad for 8 years. Christmas Eve was the exciting part of our family traditional. Each of us took our turns to open the gifts where everyone of us watching. I'm sooooo exicted to get digital camera from my sweet sweet sweet DH!!!! At first I thought that I didn't get the camera when my DH told me that he didn't have time going shopping to get me the presents. I was somewhat disappointed but I was so shocked when I opened the box. The whole family laughed so hard as they knew my DH's plan for me. Of course, I took a lot of pictures.

The weather down there was not so GREAT but the temperature went up to 75 degrees on that day we left back to DC! The whole family went to Kennedy Space Center and MGM. We also went to Sea World and shopping. I didn't knit much that week but started making the sock. It was so difficult for me to knit with the double point needles but eventually I finally get used to it.
I didn't finish it.

Last Thursday, we missed our flight. Poor DH, he was so UPSET as it was his first time. I was not upset as it was not my first time.... I think it was my fourth times!!! We told my brother-in-law that we would like to be at the airport an hour and half earlier. We left the house at 10 a.m. and assumed that we get there at the airport by 11:30 for us to take 1:05 p.m. flight. It took us THREE hours to get to the airport. The traffic was unbelievable CRAZY!!!!! Just learned that 80,000 people went to Dinsey on the day... no wonder the traffics were so bad. Of course, we arrived at the airport at 1:10 p.m. We had to pay extra for next flight. We waited till 4:55 p.m. Good thing that the plane left on time!!! We arrived back in DC at 7 p.m. It was good to be home but we missed our family so much!!!

Yesterday was nice day for me as I went out with my dear friend, Jerri Lyn to Sushi Sono restaurant for lunch. She is the one who get me hooked in knitting.

We didn't make any plans for our new year eve. We stayed home and watched the movies all night. Of course, I knitted all night and finished another flower washcloth. The green yarn was given to me by my Secret Pal 2. I love the yarn so much. I'm going to knit more of that for my family and friends. I thought it would be perfect little gift!

Now, my DH promised me that he would look up my laptop trying to download the pictures tomorrow. Cross my fingers for me to post up some pixs in my own blog. My mother promised to send me some pictures of the Klaralund sweater that I made for my sister. My mom told me that she wish she had taken a photo to capture the look on my sister's face when she opened the package. Worth a million!!! Arrgghhh... I wish I was there to see her face. My sister told me that the sweater fits her so perfect!!!!!!!! I'm going to make one for myself in near future.


Post a Comment

<< Home