Sunday, June 26, 2005

Sport Camp 2005

Whew... I slept 12 hours!!!! I feel more energy now than last few days!!!

We had 66 boys and 14 girls (deaf and hard-of-hearing 10-18 years old) joining Basketball Camp for a week at Gallaudet University. I was Sport Camp Residential Director overseeing the kids at the residence hall. I slept in the residence hall for a week. The kids sure kept me and my camp counselors BUSY!!!

All week.... We repeatedly said...

"Good Morning!!!"
"Hey...put it DOWN!!!"
"Watch your LANGUAGE!!"
"NO running!!!!!"
"Hey.... leave her/him ALONE"
"What's wrong?"
"DON'T talk BACK!!"
"GO to your room NOW"
"Thank you!!!"
"Hey....what ARE you doing?"
"Don't do THAT!!!!"
"How's your practice?"
" are SO mature"
"ARE you going to eat that?"
"Where is your vegetable????"
"PLEASE pick it up!!!!"
"TIME to GO......"
" can NOT wander around the campus ALONE!!"
"COME here NOW"
"APOLOGIZE him/her now!!"
"Ohhhhh sick, again??"
*gasping* "Why did you do that?"
"Where is your FOOD?"
"PUT it away, NOW?"
"Good job, *name of camper*!!!!"
"Come on, you walk sooooo SLOW!!! Hurry hurry!!!"
"Hey, where ARE you?"
"Are you enjoying yourself?"
"Gooooooooooood night... sweet dream!!!!"

First night was nightmare.... the kids were so HYPER and one girl complaining nausea all night vomited! Slept 4 hours.

Second day was not too bad. Sent female camper to the hospital (stomach flu) I slept 5 hours.

Third day was unbelievable CRAZY... three girls were hospitalized at different times. One had heart problem, one had mild stomach flu and one had bladder infections) Slept 3 hours.

Fourth day was HELL!!! The boys were OUT of control.....7 boys refused to go to bed till 1 a.m.!!! I had to kick three campers out. Slept 4 1/2 hours.

Fifth day was the BEST!! I finally feel so relaxed although the kids were wild. It was their last night. Slept 2 1/2 hours

Sixth day, the parents came to pick up their kids...... we said...

" were so GREAT camper!"
"Come back next year!!!"
"I miss you!!!"
"Have a GREAT summer!!"
so on.... so on... so on....

Last three campers checked out at 3 p.m. and one camper came back saying that his flight cancelled!!! Sighs.... Called his parents and rearranged his flight schedules. Left him with one of my camp counselor to take care. I finally left at 5 p.m.

Drove home.... Hugging kissing hugging kissing my hubby! God, I miss him so terribly lot!!! I'm soooooo happy to be HOME!!! I zonked out real FAST!!

YES, I'm ready for next year!!!!


Post a Comment

<< Home