Sunday, July 31, 2005

The best birthday ever!!!

Yes, I turned 44 years old last Friday!!! I don't feel any older at all!

For my family, friends, FiberRAOKers and bloggers - thank you so much for the birthday wishes and emails. I feel so LOVED!! I reaI had a GREAT birthday weekend.






Jerri Lyn brought me a beautiful FLOWERS last Friday morning. Thank you so much, Jerri Lyn!!!! Hugs hugs hugs!!! My secretary brought me lovely balloons to decorate in my office.

After work, Craig gave the wooden box and I opened the box. I was so shocked and CRIED!!! I got so beautiful three diamonds necklace. I had no idea that he planned to give me the necklace although we agreed not to get me something but going to visit Longaberger Basket Company in Ohio for a day next week. He said the diamond is forever and I deserve the diamond necklace. Awww...I'm so lucky that he is the BEST man in the world.

My DH took me out to The Melting Pot for dinner. I really enjoyed myself so much!! It is a fondue restuarant. We had four courses dinner - cheese fondue course, salad course, entree course and the best of all - chocolate fondue!! We picked Wisconsin Trio Cheese Fondue. Fresh breads, vegetables and apples were served for cheese dipping. I was so surprised that Craig LIKED it. He doesn't eat any cheeses at all except for pizza. He really liked the cheese fondue so much! Yay!!! Wisconsin cheeses are my favorite - you know why! I grew up in Wisconsin!! That's why! *giggling*

I had mushroom salad - 75% mushrooms and 25% lettuce. It was soooooo DELICIOUS!!! Craig doesn't eat any salad. He is really picky eater!! ( really serious case!!) I had Surf & Turf for my entree course. My DH ordered Signature Selection - all different meats (he gave me all of his shrimp and I gave him all of red meats out of my plate)

I could not believe that I ate all of the seafood!! I was so stuffed!!!

My DH could not decide which chocolate fondues - there are 9 different flavors. He finally picked out what he wants - he sure is picky eater!! Chocolate fondues came with fresh strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, tasty marshmallows, pound cake and brownies. I'm not too crazy about chocolates but this chocolate fondue was so unbelievable delicious!!!
Oh boy, it was BEST dinner!! We stayed in the restaurant 3 hours - dipping, eating and talking all night! We were so lucky that the waitress was so wonderful to us. She used sign languages to communicate with us all night. She explained us how to pick out the menu, how to dip (cook) the food and served us well.

This Wednesday, I will be going out of TOWN - not business trip but VACATION with my DH!! We will go to Newark, Ohio and stay overnight for a night in Bed and Breakfast place. We plan to go to see the Longaberger Basket Company on Thursday. Hopefully, I will weave the basket. We will go over to Indiana for the weekend to stay with our friends. We plan to go to see Brickyard 400 this coming Sunday.

Not much knitting news - I had to rip all yarn out for Soleil yesterday. I goofed up some laces. I knitted all night and finally finished the lace parts this morning.

So sad that the weekend is over but I'm not complaining that I will work only two days this week! Have a GREAT week!!

2 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a really nice birthday dinner!! hope your vacation is gonna be fun too!! enjoy!! and lastly, happy belated birthday ^_^

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful, Susan! I'm so glad you had such a terrific birthday. Enjoy your vacation! I have another package for you, but I'm going to wait until you get back to put it in the mail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[