Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Future project and SOCKS!!!!!















Last Sunday, Jerri Lyn and I met and went over to "WOOLWINDERS. That store is one of our favorite knitting stores.

I brought Sally Melville's newest book - The Knitting Experience Book 3: Color and Colinette Yarns book -"La Bella Vita" and two yarns for socks. The blue yarn is for my hubby's sock. He gave me the hint that he would like to have one after seeing me making four pairs for myself so far.

Be sure to check out Jerri Lyn's blog for her new project. I had so much fun shopping with her. We stopped in Mosaic Cuisine for lunch. The food was soooooooo GOOD! I had sweet potato soup and it was so delicious!! I would recommend taking my hubby there for breakfast or lunch.
I found really nice wrap caridgan pattern in Colinette Yarn book and brought the book right away. I really want to knit that wrap caridgan and found giotto yarns at Woolwinders are very pricey. I came home and checked out E-bay. I found it much cheaper and ordered the yarns right away. I'm going to wait till I get the yarns and start knitting that wrap caridgan. Jerri Lyn has exact yarns in stash and wants to join me do a knit along together. I believe she has the red ones and I'm going to have the purple ones.




I've joined Lolly's Socktoberfest 2005. I've been so obsessed knitting socks last few weeks. I intend to knit more socks this year.

Here is my current Socks-In-Progress.


I'm almost done with second sock. Four more inches to go! I just discovered that the left side of sock has more bright purple than right side!!! Oh well, not much I can do!! *sniffling* I still like the yarns very much!
I could not resist this but decide to knit another pair of sock. I brought the Lorna's Lace yarns last summer in Oregon. The pattern I'm knitting is Peak "n" Valleys from Knit Socks. I started knitting it with DPNs up to 5 rows then switched to 12" circular last night. I find it very easy to knit after memorize 2 round of lace pattern.




Knee length sock
You quite like socks, but your not overly-obsessed
with them. You would have been a pair of
knee-length socks in any colour, and probably
stripy or something to make you that little bit
more interesting.

What type of sock are you?
brought to you by


Happy Knitting!!

2 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I love those purple and orange socks! What yarn are you using?

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

I am knitting the Peak 'n' valley socks too. The two row reapeat is a dream and they knit up fast. I also happen to be from Oregon...its just kindda funny all that in one post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[