Friday, July 04, 2008

Where did the week go?

Well.... I never feel extremely stressful at work this week and it's Friday already! No work today. Yay but I didn't have much to accomplish everything I'm hoping for. Next two weeks I will be busy with the Graduate Assistant trainings then go off to Annual Crazy Crowd group for a long weekend. I only have four working days left before I take TWO weeks vacation!!!!

Last weekend we went up to Elmer, New Jersey for the Eastern Deaf Timberfest. It took us four hours to get there (only 110 miles from here!) Bad traffic and bad weather slowed us down. When we arrived the campground, the electricity power was off. We learned that there was tornado hit only 2 miles away from the campground. Took us forever to get our stuff out and set up tent for the weekend. Good thing that my DH was fully prepared for camping. He brought lantern, portable toilet and little tent for the toilet and shower. The restroom at the campground was closed due to no water and electricity!!! Geez!!! We experienced in living in the primitive time!! We spent all day watching the events and there were over 900 deaf people. It was good to meet old friends to catch up all the news and met new people.

Yogi Bear Campground at Elmer, New Jersey

Our little home

Our lovely bedroom - yup!!! Aren't we spoiled to have air mattress set up in the trailer???

My Breakfast Chef!!

Our Own First Class Restroom!
We watched timberfest relay contest.





We decided to go out to eat for dinner instead of cook out in the campground. It was toooooo hot and humid. Still no water and electricity on our second day of campground. We saw several trees torn down.

Whoa...that was huge tree fell!!



After dinner, we went back and saw BEAUTIFUL view of sunset.


The electricity and water went back on at 11 p.m. on Saturday.
Yes, I spent a lot of time knitting and finished two different socks on that weekend!!! I'm so glad that two "second sock syndrome" are over!

Pattern: Aran Twist
Yarn: Wullenstudio Designer Yarn
Needle: Size 2 -2" circular needle
I really love the yarn. I have the pink one and can't wait to make another one!


Pattern: Squall
Yarn: Lorna's Lace Shepard Sock - "Jeans"
Needle: Size 1 - 12" circular needle

These socks are completed for the Summer of Socks 2008!!! More socks to come!!!
We wish you a Happy Fourth of July!!!!!! Have a wonderful weekend! Happy Knitting!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger brsmaryland said...

Camping with no water and electricity...you are tough! Looks like you had a good time anyway.
Love the socks. I'm going to point Sheila to your post so she can see her yarn - Wullenstudio - all knit up.
Enjoy what is left of the weekend.

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks look great! Please e-mail a picture to me so I can post a copy on my website!


sheila@knitswithsticks.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[