Monday, June 02, 2008

No Changes in WIP but socks!!!

Sock addiction haunts me lately!!! I ain't complain!!! I lovelovelove it!!

I brought my knitting bag to Philadelphia for the conference last week and FORGET to bring smaller needle and extra skeins for the Printed Silk Cardigan. I could not believe it as I thought I was fully prepared for the short trip!!! I was so discouraged as I thought I would finish the back piece!! Good thing I found the sock yarn in the bottom of my knitting bag. I spent whole time during the trip, lunch break and after workshop knitting socks!!!

Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock Yarn - Squall pattern

I used size 0 - 12" circular and it's really hard on my hand to knit very small stitches I'm almost done with one sock and second needs to do the kitchener stitch. I need to get break before my sore hand gets worse.

I got back home last Thursday and didn't feel up to go back to work on Friday. I really wish I could stay in Philly one more day to stroll few yarn shops. I wish the stores open late. The conference ended at 5:30 pm and the stores close at 6 pm, too.

What did I do on Friday? I decided to try the new yarn that I brought from the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Wullenstudio yarn is soooooooo lovely to knit with. So yummy and soft!!! It took me 2 days to finish one sock. I started the second one last night. Seems that I'm really obsessed with cable things.


Update on Printed Silk Cardigan

I started knitting the back piece during the Memorial Weekend. I finally switched to smaller needle this morning and knitted few rows from the chart. I have no deadline although I'm determined to finish it before July.

I didn't finish the Tangled Yoke Cardigan at all. I have trouble understanding how to get two sleeves together on the body piece. I will hold it till I ask someone for help. I don't have any patience if I screw it up badly.

Happy Monday!! Happy Knitting!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Kerry said...

Those are some great looking socks lady!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger brsmaryland said...

When you are done with Wullenstudio socks, send a pix to Sheila at her website www.knitswithsticks.com
She is starting a gallery of finished objects using her yarn. I told her you were working on socks :-)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

I'm loving the wullenstudio socks! They look great! As Beth said, send me a picture at sheila@knitswithsticks.com and I will put them in my gallery on my website. Can't wait to see them finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[