Monday, November 27, 2006

Pooo but a lot of photos!!!!

What a Thanksgiving week for me ....my little sniffle has turned into a full-blown cold and bad cough. I was so sick all day starting on Thanksgiving Day. The fever finally broke out this morning. I still feel poooo!!!!

In spite of my sickness, I was so determined to make the best Thanksgiving dinner.

The turkey came out real good. The stuffing was the best!!! The best part of the Thanksgiving is we have LEFTOVER food this week.

Well, I've been resting a lot over the past five days, and the result is I have not touched my knitting project! I didn't have any energy to pick up the yarn as I was so busy blowing my nose!

Look like I'm having upper respirary infections. I'm desperately trying to get better before I go back to work this Wednesday. I promise myself if I'm not improved by tomorrow morning, I will call the doctor!!

My trip to Boston two weekends ago...
I was supposed to depart at 1:56 p.m. but the plane was delayed for an hour and half due to bad weather. Good thing that I brought my knitting projects. I started working on second Blueberry Waffle sock.
Real nasty - heavy rain and windy. I was so suprised that it took me an hour to arrive in Boston. Good thing there is no speeding limit in the sky. I was so thrilled to see my sister. Of course, we spent all night yakking yakking yakking!!

On Friday....
My sister and I LOVE to shop any country/primitive stores!!! One nice thing about Boston, they have many primitive stores that I don't see here in Maryland. I bet my DH is relieved otherwise I would go there on every weekends!! My sister brought me to Old Glory store. It was very small store but they carry a lot of primitive items. I brought some ornaments and stuff. I really love that store so much. I didn't take any pictures afterward as I was so overwhelmed browsing around many cute stores.

On Saturday.....

My sister took me to Stamping Class for two hours. I didn't realize how much fun is it... so much creative way to stamp greeting cards. We made a small box and cut/fold three different size to make the box. We can add the photo on each block. Real cool! I also met my sister's friends in the class. It was really nice getting to know them. We all went out for lunch after class. I became so obsessed with this project and thought to make more for the Xmas gifts to my friends/family. Of course, my sister took me to A.C. Moore and brought the papers and cutter.
After lunch, we went up to New Hampshire and found the LYS - (Ewe'll Love it!!) in Nashua. I really love that store. They have huge shelves of knitting book. I took a lot of time going through several book and found one I'm in love. I really like Lousia Harding's work.

I found several sweaters that I really want to knit....of course, not now but my future projects!!

I asked my sister to pick out the yarn she wants me to knit. She wants fingerless gloves and picked out the handpainted yarns from Brentwood, New Hampshire. It made of alpaca silk. Really pretty.

We spent all day shopping on Sunday...this time no yarns but brought few things for the decorations.

On Monday, my sister had to go to work. I spent all day knitting the vest for my DH. I was so disappointed that I'm out of the yarn. I ordered more yarns through Spinnery. Hopefully they will be here this week!


Did my DH miss me while I was in Boston? Oh yes, I saw him every night for an hour!!!

Isn't that cool? It is called videophone. I can communicate directly with my DH in live video or can call through relay operator to call anyone who don't have the videophone.

I got back safely on Monday night. My DH was sooooo happy to see me!!!

Thanks Kimbo for the wonderful weekend!!! I really enjoyed so much!!! I hope she will come down in the spring.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[