Tuesday, October 31, 2006

BOO!!!!!

Happy Halloween!!!!

Can you believe that October's nearly over??

My life is so much blur this month. I knit very little and my blog is suffering. *gasping* I know it is soooo sad!!! Why?

I was so swamped at work especially the big crisis at Gallaudet University. I'm sure that some of you may heard the national news about the protest against the incoming President of Gallaudet University. The protestors actually took over for a month which was totally thrown off my daily routine. The university were forced to close for three days because the protestors blocked the whole gates and over 130 students were arrested. The whole thing sure caused me so much emotional and mental exhaustion. I probably gained some weight because of all the stress I had. I really don't want to share my feelings and thoughts about the whole thing as I really don't agree with some decisions by the administration and the Board of Trustees. The news finally came out last Sunday saying that the Board of Trustees terminated the contract of the incoming President. I'm kinda of relieved that the crisis is over but I'm sad about the whole thing that the reputations at Gallaudet is not very positive.

News articles about incoming President's termination -
CNN
Washington Post
USA Today

Now, everything on campus are back to normal. The hardest part is the healing process on campus where the faculty, staff and students have to work on "trust" issues. We are still not sure what the next plan is from the Board of Trustees on new presidential search.

Well, because of the campus crisis, I did not get to Rhinebeck this year. I was so sad but I know this is not end of the world. I can go there next year.

Socktoberfest

So today is the end of Socktoberfest. I did not complete my Socktoberfest goal which was to finish the last part of the toe sock. Seems that this blogspot doesn't cooperate with me trying to post the pictures of "almost" completed socks. So anyway, I'm finally getting around to Lolly's initial questions for Socktoberfest participants:

When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?

I knit my first pair of socks in January 2005.

What was your first pair? Janis's Koigu Sock (my SP2 gave me the pattern and Koigu yarns)

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?I really love working with Artyarns merinos, Koigu, Lorna's Lace, Fleece Artist yarns and many more that I have in my knitting basket.

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method? I've only ever knit with DPNs and 12" circular needles, which generally works fine for me. I'm kind of intrigued to try two circulars and Magic Loop, but not in a rush, really.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?) I prefer flap heels.

How many pairs have you made? 14 pairs plus 2 second sock syndrome . Oh... 6 little Christmas stocking ornaments

Lastly, Everybody's doing it? I think I may be the last person on earth to compete this Meme!

48 Things You Could Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Susan

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope, my parents just liked the name.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Gosh, I really don?t remember.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Not bad...depend on my mood.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Not a big lunchmeat person. Turkey maybe?

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure. I think I'm a good friend.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Not unless this blog counts.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yep.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not in a million years! I'm so not a thrill seeker!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Chex (Rice)

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Not usually.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Pretty strong.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Coffee.

14. SHOE SIZE? 9.5

15. RED OR PINK? Red.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I'm too impatient.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My parents and my sister.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Nah. But, if you haven't done this yet, feel free to post it on your blog. I love reading these things!

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I'm in my pajamas.

20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chicken with rice and salad

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Pretty silence because I'm not wearing my hearing aid.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Hunter Green.

23. FAVORITE SMELL? The smell of Autumn

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? the parent of student at work

25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Smile

26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Yes! all of them! Like I said, I think I'm the last person to do this.

27. FAVORITE DRINK? Coffee.

28. FAVORITE SPORT? Knitting. Whadya mean that's not a sport???

29. EYE COLOR? Brown

30. HAT SIZE? No clue....I'm not "hat" person.

31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Used to. Now I wear glasses.

32. FAVORITE FOOD? Thai or sushi

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Definitely happy endings!!!!

34. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD THAT BE? Hmmmm.....tough question - maybe in southwest where I could see mountains from the kitchen window.

35. SUMMER OR WINTER? I wanna say FALL!!!!!! not too hot nor too cold!!! How's about Indian Summer????

36. HUGS OR KISSES? Generally, hugs.

37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Apple pie!!!!

38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I think everyone has already done this.

39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? See previous.

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? No pad - I've got a laptop.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Designer's Challenge (HGTV)

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? My DH laughing.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? I don't listen any music because I'm deaf.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Hawaii

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Hmm.... cross stitching, painting and quilting

47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Upper Michigan

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Nobody, I stole it silly!

I do hope the new month will be better for me at work, especially more time with knitting and bloggings.

Happy Knitting!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[