Friday, December 29, 2006

Knitting List of Shame


SHAME

This past week after cleaning up my craft room was a real wakeup call about just how out of control my yarns has gotten. I have too many yarns, needles and books all over in the house and there was nowhere I could stick all the yarn, no matter how hard I tried to hide it! My DH is pretty disgusting about the huge mess that is our living room, but I was really embarrassed to let other people see it . . . which led to a lot of serious thinking and planning that led to me to make serious list!!!

Here?s the Knitting List of Shame:

1. Everyday cardigan (green one) ?Button and neck bands needs to be made and ends sewn in. SO CLOSE!!!!!!

2. Everyday cardigan (purple one) ? knit one more sleeve, need to all sewn together, needs button/neck band finishing and end weaving. (I left the pieces in my office as I was supposed to work on it during my lunch break)


3. Marnie cardigan ? I started the back piece two years ago and never gotten around to finish the rest of the pieces. I think I'm going to rip it off to make it longer. I just realized that the back piece is too short.


4. Artist?s vest for my DH? front is almost done. This one has to wait while I get the right yarn. (I finally called the owner at Green Mountain Spinnery this morning?he was so friendly and helpful. He suggested me to send him the sample one and he will make sure that I will get the right yarn.)

5. Two second sock syndrome that need to be done, must make myself work on the second.

Although, I know I'm supposed to go back and finish one of these unfinished projects but I'm soooo hooked with Kolvsa sweater that I'm obsessed knitting all morning.

*************
Sooooo, I'm in!!!!!


I have decided to join Stash 2007. Wendy and LB have come up with a fantastic idea, to knit from your stash in the coming year. This is exactly what I needed to keep me on track and use what I have before buying any more. THANK YOU GIRLS!!!!!! You are so brilliant!!!! Here are their rules, but Wendy has given us full reign to design them to suit our needs:

Knit From Your Stash 2007: Guidelines for L-B and Wendy

1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.

2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

2.a. Sock yarn does not count. What? You think we are made of stone?
(I'm going to stick with "DO NOT BUY sock yarn" because I have tooooooo many sock yarn!!!)

2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift.

2.c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project. (fair enough!)

2.d. We each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time. (Definitely will go Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival and buy more yarn.)

3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn. (DH, Mom and Kimbo...Hint..hint..hint!!!)

4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt. (do not apply to me)


I will be back to discuss my reflections of 2006 and Knitting Resolution soon.

Happy Knitting!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[