Sunday, December 03, 2006

Almost FO!

Here it is..... Fair Isle Traditional Hat!!!



I spent all day on Friday knitting it. The chart is much easier to read than the headband's chart.




Last night after Xmas shopping, I finally finished the hat. All pinned up for now. This needs to be blocked today. I will hem it up and put the tassel on it. I'm not really "hat" person but this one that I would like to wear.

Close-up of Upside Down Hat - real neat!!


I'm so proud that I finished it. I had a dream this morning that I'm knitting fair isle sweater! Oh boy, that's really wishful thought!! I promise*promise*promise myself to finish few unfinished projects!!! Twisty-Turn Wrap (need to seam them together), Everyday Cardigan (need to seam the pieces together and then add buttonband) and vest for my DH (am waiting for skeins to arrive).

I will definitely make another one and plan to knit the fair isle mittens....maybe Fair Isle sweater in 2007!!!

Hope your weekend is good as mine. I'm not really looking forward to go back to work tomorrow. I feel much better and more energy than last week after battling with colds and coughs.

I'm better go and get all Xmas decorations/tree out and decorate them today.

Have a GREAT day and Happy Knitting!!!

5 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Susan, I love your fair isle hat. I think I need to add that to my 'must do' list. Absolutely Beautiful!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Marina said...

It's gorgeous! If you can do that, a sweater is not going to be a problem. In fact, I find sweaters easiest of all as I don't have to deap with dpns.

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Julie in Texas said...

Absolutely beautiful! Someday I will be brave enough to attempt fair isle.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Susan, that's really lovely! I hope you'll knit some other colorwork project for the kal, now that you've found how easy it really is! :-)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Your hat looks great.

I have a question for you... I have the pattern and I received the Muskat yarn for the lining (it looks like that's you what have, in the picture) What size needles did you use to get gauge? I'm usually spot on with gauge, but I'm up to a size 5 and still getting too many spi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

[