Saturday, January 27, 2007

Decisions, decisions.......

I don't know what to do.... Seems that things go wrong for me!! Two "still" UFOs!!

Three weeks ago, I called Mountain Spinnery about the right skein for the Artist's vest. The man on the phone suggested me to send him the sample yarn I used for the vest. I have not heard anything since. I emailed them last Wednesday and learned that they have not received my letter. They suggested me to send another one. Dang...Where is my letter???? I really want to finish the vest for my DH. Grrr!!!

This looks so sad waiting for me to finish it!


I was that close to finish the Everyday Cardigan. I brought a skein from Stitches East as I was afraid that I may run out of that color. It's confirmed that I'm out of the yarn. I was so relieved that I brought the extra one.

BAD news: the color is NOT match!!! Mine is more purple than blue but the skein I brought has more blue than purple. I was in debate whether I go ahead and hope that no one would notice it. I brought the purple yarn along with the skein outside. It is not even close match at all. I know that Future Green carry Peace Fleece yarns in DC. I went there with my friend. I'm so sad that they don't have that color I need but they do have many other colors. I was that close to buy these yarns to make future projects. I'm really proud myself that I said NO - not this time!!

Can you see the difference? I thought so!!

More BAD news: I am not able to finish the Everyday Cardigan. I have to knit the 4x4 sample and send it to Maine where I ordered the skeins. I know it will take time to get the skein. *pout*

Now.... I signed up - Project Spectrum 2.0 again this year! It will kick off on February 1st!


February / March - Blue, White, Gray
April / May- Green, Yellow, Pink
June / July - Red, Black, Metallics
August / September - Brown, Orange, Purple

You know, this all sounds like so much fun, but since I am the world's biggest procrastinator it makes me the worst for starting too many projects at same time and never finish each of them on time. Project Spectrum could put me on the road to being more organized, sooooo I did my homework!! (Jerri Lyn, are you shocked?? - okay, I need your help to be sure that I'm not off the wagon!) I looked up my stash enhancement and went through some of my favorite yarn books. I would like to knit one pair of socks every month. I really hope that I will be able to knit 3 or 4 sweaters this year (my UFO doesn't count)


Here is my plan for February.
I found the right color for January socks.
Lorna's Lace hand-dyed yarn - "Jean" - very appropriate color!

I have not decided which pattern I plan to use for the sock. I printed out several patterns and will review the patterns carefully to determine which one is right for that yarn.

Since I brought Nashua Handknits: Vacation book last fall, I'm in love with the Textured Cardigan. I have 10 balls of Karabella Aurora 8 (navy blue) that I got from my colleague for Xmas last year. Definitely this will be my first sweater for the Project Spectrum. I plan to start knitting it this Thursday, February 1st! (I'm soooo excited!)

Future Projects - I hope to knit....

Lace Cardigan - Modern Classics by Louise Harding (will plan to buy "red" angora yarns at MSWF for June or July)
Isfjordan (fair isle sweater) by Dalegarn (I have Tuir yarns - for March)
Bristow by Knitty (I have Peruvian Highland Wool (moss) for April
Anya by Jo Sharp - Book 5 (not determined which color - not top priority but future project)

I will post my list of Future "Sock" Projects soon. Please do share with me your favorite patterns of sock. I'm open for any challenges.

I better get dinner ready. Happy Knitting!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[