Sunday, December 31, 2006

My Last Post Of 2006

Last Meme in the Year of 2006's End Knit

1. What is your absolute favorite project you've ever knit (one that fulfilled both process and product)?
I think it might be lace shawl. I loved the process. Kiparoo Farm yarn is amazing.

2. Which of your handknits do you wear the most often?

Embossed Leaves Socks from Interweave Knits: Winter 2005 I really love Lorna's Lace Shepard yarn!!! So soft and stretchy!

3. Which of your handknits are you most proud of?
Traditional Hat, headband and mittens




4. What was your favorite gift to knit?
Mason Dixon discloths and premie hats!


5. Which of your handknits are gathering dust your closet?

Definitely bathrug from Mason Dixon book! It was fun knitting with but I realized that the rug is tooo colorful for our bathroom. I would probably give it away or put it in the basement bathroom.

6. Which of your handknits have you gotten rid of?
I have not get rid of anything this year.

7. If you've knit socks, what is your favorite pattern?
Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush














8. What would you like to make in 2007?

I want to learn how to knit toe-up socks and dye the yarn.

9. What have you learned about your craft in 2006?

Fair Isle knitting was the big thing for me this year - I stopped fearing it, and really enjoyed knitting it.

10. What events/sites have you particularly enjoyed in the blogosphere in 2006?

I really love Lolly's Project Spectrum. The celebration of color really had an positive impact on my knitting choices. I actually knitted 14 pairs of socks!! I also joined Red-Hot-Sizzling-Socks, The Amazing Lace Kal, Mason-Dixon Kal, Lollyknitting's Sockoberfest , and Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge. The KAL kept me going with the knitting and I sure had a lot of fun!!!


***drumroll, please!!*****

Knitting Resolutions for 2007
Finish five ?unfinished? projects (posted in 12/29/06)
Knit from my stash!!!
Make fair isle sweater that I ordered the yarns few weeks ago.
Destash yarn through Ebay and/or destash.blogspot.com
Learn to knit toe-up sock


I hope you all have a very happy and safe New Year's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

[